this is the first release of jkidphilly, we expect some technical
issues along the way. We ask for your patience and help in resolving any
issues and look forward to any feedback on performance and features that you would like to share.
Here’s the deal, all of us want jkidphilly to thrive. Here are a few Community Guidelines to make that happen.
jkidphilly is committed to representing our diverse Jewish community,
and we welcome a very broad spectrum of viewpoints. In fact, we
encourage conversation about our differences. Remember to...
nice or at least be civil. Treat others in the community – both those
offering events and services and those attending – as you’d like to be
be offensive, don’t name call, don’t bully. We hope the community will
be self-moderating, but we will take down content that is intended to
offend or hurt. All too often the web is a place that polarizes us.
That's not the goal here.
We Jews are especially passionate about Israel, and with our widely
differing opinions, it is not always comfortable for us to stand
together under one “big tent.” So here are a few guidelines about
believe that Israel’s security depends on a strong American Jewish
community that upholds the basic principle of Israel’s right to exist,
in safety and security.
encourage diverse points of view and civil dialogue about Israel. We
recognize that Jews have many opinions and that having a safe place for
differing viewpoints can strengthen our community and Israel.
will remove content that advocates for divestment, a one state
solution, or other materials that deny Israel’s right to exist.
3. Our events guidelines are pretty straightforward. We accept the following:
- Events being produced or co-sponsored by a Jewish organization
- Events with Jewish content, subject to the approval of the jkidphilly staff. No fundraisers please!
- All events listed on our calendar take place within the jkidphilly community: Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware and Chester counties.
4. The jkidphilly directory includes listings from non-profit organizations only.